Policies and Procedures
- 3.1.01 - Awards Expenditures Allowability
- 3.1.04 - Subrecipient Monitoring
- Financial Conflict of Interest Policy for PHS-sponsored Research
- Fringe Benefit Rate
- Hiring procedure
- Purchasing and travel policy highlights
- Remote Work Policy
- Residual Funds Policy
- Residual Funds Policy - Addendum
- Salaries in Extraordinary Circumstances
Grants & Contracts Administration
Our goal is to provide Minneapolis VA investigators with professional expertise to facilitate all aspects of grant and contract submission and post-award administration. We provide these services for awards from the federal government (e.g., National Institutes of Health, Department of Defense, etc.), industry, and private foundations.
Pre-award administration: We collaborate with researchers to prepare and submit high-quality competitive applications and ensure that all applications are in compliance with sponsor policies and guidelines. Work supporting pre-award management may also include:
- Identifying potential sources of external funds that are aligned with PI’s qualifications and interests
- Disseminating funding opportunities to the research community
- Developing biographical sketches, budgets and budget justifications, and current and pending support forms
- Drafting letters of support and collaboration and
- Reviewing and providing feedback to enhance grant proposals.
Post-award administration: After an award is received by the institution, CVRE liaises with PIs, administrators, and staff to manage funded projects. Work supporting post-award management may also include:
- Monitoring budgets and approving expenditure requests
- Administering sub-contracts
- Submitting financial and progress reports to sponsors
- Ensuring research is compliant with all applicable federal and state rules and sponsor guidelines.
For more information on Pre Award (Grants) and Contracts, contact email@example.com.